across the state of Florida
Two nearly identical bills are currently being reviewed by the 2021 Florida State Legislature.
House Bill 219 (sponsored by Jason Fischer and Anthony Sabatini) and Senate Bill 522 (sponsored by Manny Diaz) seek to erode local control of our own neighborhoods and preempt the regulation of short-term rentals to the state.
Daily Vacation Rentals will destroy quiet family neighborhoods throughout Florida. Based on outcomes of similar legislation around the country, unregulated Daily Rentals bring:
- Increased crime, traffic, trash, and noise
- Higher taxes for enforcement
- Strangers in the home nextdoor
- Damage to our properties, beaches, rivers, parks, and environment
- Lack of affordable housing
- Commercial zoning in residential neighborhoods
- School closures due to lack of fulltime residents
… And an overall decreased quality of life for taxpaying residents.
What can be done?
We need as many people as possible to
Click the buttons below to get involved
Help Save Florida Neighborhoods Today!